If You have any query Please click here

How to use TAX to pay for your holiday…

This week we will tell you a tax saving story.

Mr and Mrs A is a lovely couple. Mr A has a great job that he loves and pays well while Mrs A doesn’t work and takes care of the family.

Mrs A doesn’t need to work because Mr A is a highly paid individual and is a additional rate tax payer i.e. pays tax at 45%.

Mr A is also a keen saver and put aside a decent amount of his monthly income in a savings account which produces an interest income of £10,000 per year. As he is a higher rate tax payer he pays £4500 in taxes which gives him a net interest income of £5,500.

Mr A uses this money and takes the family on a basic holiday.

One day Mr A was browsing through his Facebook and noticed the Taxserve tax tip with a subject of use tax to pay for your holiday. This caught his attention and he decided to contact his accountant before the yearend for a change. The accountant advised him to transfer the savings into an account in Mrs A name and by utilising her personal allowance the whole interest of £10,000 could be received tax free.

This means a potential savings of £4500 in taxes.

This year, Mr A took the family on a luxury holiday.

What kind of holiday would you take your family?

Please note: This doesn’t not constitute as tax advice. Professional advice must be sought before any tax planning. The tax planning may differ based on your individual circumstances.

How can we help you?

Are You Looking Our Fees Calculator Please Click Here

Our Fees Calculator